First, let me tell you how amazing this dish is. The flavors, the textures, the warmth – it’s like a big, cozy hug in a bowl. My crock pot cream of mushroom chicken and rice recipe is a family favorite, and I’m excited to share it with you.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of long-grain white rice
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, I season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and a pinch of thyme.
- Then, I place the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Next, I layer the rice, mushrooms, and onions over the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, I mix together the cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, minced garlic, and the remaining thyme.
- I pour this mixture over the chicken and rice.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
- Once it’s done, I shred the chicken with a fork and give everything a good stir.
For a creamy finishing touch, I sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top and let it melt into the dish. This adds a lovely richness to the entire meal.
This recipe is a game-changer for busy weeknights. Coming home to the aroma of this crock pot cream of mushroom chicken and rice is pure bliss. The chicken becomes so tender and the rice soaks up all the delicious flavors. It’s like a gourmet meal with minimal effort. I often serve it with a side of steamed green beans or a simple salad for a complete, satisfying dinner.
So, if you’re looking for a comforting and effortless meal that will have your family asking for seconds, give this crock pot cream of mushroom chicken and rice a try. It’s become a household staple for me, and I hope it does the same for you!