Today, I want to share with you one of my all-time favorite mushroom recipes featuring the king trumpet mushroom. These meaty and flavorful mushrooms are perfect for a variety of dishes, but my go-to recipe is a simple and delicious king trumpet mushroom stir-fry. Not only is this dish easy to prepare, but it’s also packed with umami flavor and a satisfying texture that makes it a hit every time I serve it.
- 1 pound king trumpet mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Start by cleaning the king trumpet mushrooms and slicing them into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch. This will be your stir-fry sauce.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and stir-fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced king trumpet mushrooms to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden brown and tender.
- Next, add the sliced red bell pepper to the skillet and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Pour the stir-fry sauce over the mushrooms and peppers, and toss everything together until well coated. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Garnish your king trumpet mushroom stir-fry with sesame seeds and chopped green onions before serving.
This king trumpet mushroom stir-fry is best enjoyed over a bed of steamed white rice or noodles. The meaty texture of the mushrooms, combined with the savory and slightly sweet flavors of the stir-fry sauce, creates a truly satisfying meal that even non-mushroom lovers will appreciate. The earthy aroma of the mushrooms combined with the vibrant colors of the peppers make this dish as visually appealing as it is delicious.
If you’re looking to add a personal touch to this recipe, consider adding in some extra veggies like snap peas, baby corn, or water chestnuts. You can also spice it up with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for some heat, or a dash of rice vinegar for a tangy kick. The versatility of this dish makes it a great canvas for creativity in the kitchen.
For me, cooking with king trumpet mushrooms is always a joy. Their robust flavor and meaty texture elevate any dish, and this stir-fry is a prime example of their culinary potential. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving more.
King trumpet mushrooms are truly a treasure in the culinary world, and this recipe allows their natural goodness to shine. I hope you give this king trumpet mushroom stir-fry a try and savor every bite as much as I do. Happy cooking!