Have you ever tried the delectable stuffed mushrooms at Olive Garden? They are a delightful appetizer that I always look forward to whenever I visit the restaurant. The combination of savory sausage, creamy cheeses, and flavorful herbs creates a mouthwatering experience for any mushroom lover. I decided to recreate this dish at home, and after a few attempts, I finally perfected my own version of Olive Garden’s stuffed mushroom recipe. Let me share with you my take on this classic dish!
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely.
- In a skillet, cook the Italian sausage over medium heat until evenly brown. Add the chopped mushroom stems and garlic. Cook and stir until the garlic is fragrant.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, and thyme. Add the sausage mixture and mix well.
- Stuff the mushroom caps generously with the sausage mixture and place them in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and golden on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe yields rich and flavorful stuffed mushrooms that are perfect for any occasion. The blend of Italian sausage, cheeses, and aromatic herbs creates a symphony of flavors that will undoubtedly impress your guests. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a restaurant-style appetizer at home, these stuffed mushrooms will elevate any meal.
If you’re a fan of Olive Garden’s stuffed mushrooms, I highly recommend trying this recipe. It’s a rewarding experience to recreate a favorite dish from a beloved restaurant in your own kitchen. Plus, the aroma that fills your home as these mushrooms bake is simply irresistible. I hope you enjoy making and savoring these stuffed mushrooms as much as I do!
In conclusion, Olive Garden’s stuffed mushroom recipe offers a delightful blend of flavors and textures that make it a beloved appetizer. With a bit of effort and the right ingredients, you can bring the essence of Olive Garden’s culinary magic into your own home. Whether you’re a mushroom enthusiast or simply someone who appreciates good food, these stuffed mushrooms are sure to impress. So why not give this recipe a try and bring the flavors of Olive Garden into your kitchen?