When it comes to creating an easy and delicious meal, pork chops in cream of mushroom soup made in the crockpot is one of my absolute favorites. This recipe is a go-to for busy weeknights or when I want a comforting meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
- 4-6 pork chops
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
These simple ingredients come together to create a flavorful and creamy sauce that perfectly complements the pork chops.
- First, I season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then brown them in a skillet over medium-high heat. This step helps to seal in the juices and adds a delicious caramelized flavor.
- While the pork chops are browning, I mix the cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and chicken broth in a bowl. This creates the rich and savory sauce that will cook with the pork chops.
- Next, I place the browned pork chops in the crockpot and pour the creamy mushroom sauce over them.
- I then set the crockpot to low and let the pork chops cook for 6-8 hours. The slow cooking process allows the pork chops to become tender and juicy while absorbing all the flavors of the sauce.
- Once the pork chops are done cooking, I like to serve them with mashed potatoes or rice to soak up the extra sauce. The result is a comforting and hearty meal that always satisfies.
This recipe holds a special place in my heart as it was passed down to me from my grandmother. The aroma of the pork chops simmering in the crockpot always takes me back to her cozy kitchen. It’s a nostalgic dish that never fails to bring comfort and warmth to the table.
The combination of tender pork chops and creamy mushroom sauce makes this crockpot recipe a winner in my book. It’s a simple yet flavorful dish that always receives rave reviews from family and friends. Plus, the convenience of using the crockpot makes it a practical choice for a hassle-free dinner option. Give it a try and savor the delightful taste of pork chops in cream of mushroom soup!