Today, I’m excited to share with you one of my absolute favorite recipes: pork chops with cream of mushroom soup baked in the oven. This dish is a classic comfort food that never fails to impress. The combination of tender pork chops and rich, creamy mushroom sauce creates a mouthwatering experience that is sure to become a regular in your home cooking rotation.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each pork chop in the bread crumb mixture, ensuring that it is evenly coated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup and milk.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place the seared pork chops in a baking dish and pour the mushroom soup mixture over them.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes to allow the bread crumb coating to crisp up.
The aroma that fills the kitchen while this dish is baking is simply irresistible. The pork chops turn out perfectly juicy and the creamy mushroom sauce takes on a heavenly richness as it bakes. I love to serve this with a side of buttery mashed potatoes and steamed green beans for a complete and satisfying meal. It’s also a great recipe for entertaining, as it’s easy to prepare but feels like a special indulgence.
In conclusion, pork chops with cream of mushroom soup baked in the oven is a timeless dish that brings warmth and flavor to the table. Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or simply treating yourself to a comforting meal, this recipe is a winner every time. Give it a try and prepare to be amazed by the delicious results!