Today, I want to share with you my favorite pork chop and mushroom soup recipe. This hearty and comforting dish is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a chilly evening. The combination of tender pork chops and earthy mushrooms simmered in a flavorful broth creates a soul-warming meal that never fails to impress. Let’s dive into the delicious details of this recipe!
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Start by seasoning the pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sear the pork chops until they are golden brown on both sides, then transfer them to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until they are soft and aromatic.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot and cook until they release their juices and start to brown.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and add the dried thyme. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Return the pork chops to the pot and let them simmer in the broth for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let the soup simmer for an additional 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Season the soup with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the pork chops and mushroom soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
This pork chop and mushroom soup recipe is a family favorite for me. The aroma of the simmering broth and the tender pork chops always brings back fond memories of cozy evenings around the dinner table. The savory flavors of the mushrooms combined with the richness of the cream create a soup that is both elegant and comforting.
If you’re looking for a dish that will warm both your body and soul, this recipe is a must-try. The simplicity of the ingredients and the ease of preparation make it a perfect choice for busy weeknights or leisurely weekends. I love to serve this soup with a side of crusty bread or a simple green salad for a well-rounded meal.
So next time you’re in the mood for a heartwarming and satisfying dish, give this pork chop and mushroom soup recipe a try. I’m sure it will become a beloved staple in your culinary repertoire, just as it has in mine!